Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-31-2021, 10:17 AM   #83
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
You mean, unlike Classhandicapper, you didn't elevate Script for his brutal trip sitting well back behind the contested pace? So, once again unlike Classhandicapper, you aren't leaving him on your Derby contender's list?

Me either.
I know it's hard for you, but you should try to stop making a fool yourself.

I realize even a one trick pony like you can see that the pace was fast and the final time was slow.

But a legitimate question is why the race was slower than expected for the horses that sat off the pace too.

We know they benefitted from the fast pace in front of them in terms of their chances of catching the from runners. But that does not necessarily mean it benefited their speed figures.

There are two separate things going on in these situations.

One is the impact of the pace on the result.

One is the impact of the pace on the times.

The problem is that an extreme pace can impact all the horses negatively in terms of final time, but some worse than others. That creates a flow advantage, but not necessarily a speed figure result that matches the flow.

That's the question I am raising.

There's no doubt the top 2 were much better than the rest and capable of running faster, but it's also quite possible some of the off the pace horses were used early just trying to stay in the race and will run a little faster next time also. They just weren't nearly good enough to beat the top 2 who were much the best.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)