Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 12:38 PM   #28
Gakiss2
Data Warbucks

keeneland

I like the concept of checking off the characteristics. Just reading through some articles on physicality it seemed like some we're 'red flags' while others we're more indicative of alertness / awareness which could be more of an 'enhance. Not sure how to combine all these characteristics into a score.

So now it's your job to go look at all the horses and report back to us.... Just kidding. I know that's a lot of work even for just one race.

I think fitness has a lot to do with the trainer. However I don't think it's a simple as looking for a high trainer win percentage. Maybe we should be looking at trainer past performance s.

My algorithm is coming along. I may fine tune with your addtl detail on F per day. I am limiting to furlongs in the last 50 days. I thought about weighting race furlongs differently than wo furlongs but have not so far. Some trainers seemingly don't do wo at all and just race every couple weeks. Not sure how to score that against a more balanced plan of similar frequency, thoughts?

» Advertisement