Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Derby Pace?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2023, 12:29 PM   #9
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
From what I've read, and hopefully someone with some skills can confirm, Derma Sotogake ran exceptionally fast in the UAE Derby at least as compared to older horses the Dubai World Cup later on the card. I presume that might mean that his pace performance was also above average. If so, he might be the sole frontrunner.

UAE @ 1900 meters : 23.78 /46.88 / 1:11.28 / 1:35.98 / 1:54.19 (racing post denoted fast by .99)
DWC @ 2000 meters : 23.48 / 45.78 / 1:09.88 / 1:30.78 / 2:01.63 (racing post denoted fast by .55)

When I looked into the UAE Derby I came up with the above fractions. Using the same run-up time... I backed into the Dubai World Cup.

You have to respect that my napkin math was piked off of a youtube video. (buyer beware!) They sort of make sense if you consider how deep Ushba Tesoro sat at the 1/4 - 1/2... and looks to me like 4.5 to 5 lengths back at the pace call. That race fell apart.

Having watched the Japanese horses work yesterday... I think Lemaire is going to use continuar as his yard stick. If I was Christophe... my plan would be to sit off of Continuar and adjust to be in striking distance at 6 furlongs. Just my opinion... but I don't think Derma is going to the front. I could be very wrong though. If you asked me a week ago... I honestly thought he likely to take the lead. They gunned continuar out of the gate from the parking lot of the UAE.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)