Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Derby Pace?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2023, 11:53 AM   #7
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightingirish51195 View Post
Last year I thought it would be on the slower side and I was completely wrong.

This year there’s no e/p type that puts fear in your heart. It’ll be really interesting to see what practical move does if he draws more toward the inside. Has never been on the lead before

Generally I don’t see a fast pace at all. But who knows. Pace setter should be kingsbarns verifying or practical move
Um, I think Mage is one you have to fear with the E/P type running style IMO and might be my Derby pick this year

He was right there twice behind Forte in both of the preps they raced against each other and is the one who beat me twice for cashing tickets in those preps lol

In the Foutain Of Youth, he actually hit the starting gate then bumped Blazing Sevens right after the break then rushed 5 wide into the 1st turn; He pressed the pace the entire way and I thought he was going to win this race turning for home but unfortunately was too late making a bid to finish a solid 4th

In his last start the Florida Derby he was off slow as he broke last and was trailing at the first 2 calls; Then he made a huge run entering/exiting the top of the stretch to fight on Forte at the line which again I thought Forte was done but then again Forte got the last laugh to beat him just narrowly by 1 length

He is by a lower percentage win trainer but that doesn't matter as anyone can win the Derby! Also, his sire Good Magic finished 2nd in the 2018 edition of the Kentucky Derby and has that same running-type style that he passed down to Mage

One to definitely have a fighting chance for sure in this year's Derby

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most