Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 02:16 AM   #11
craigbraddick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRMNBRI View Post
Great insight Craig and glad too see how far you have come. My hats off to race callers. I can't remember family members birthdays let alone names of horse running at 30MPH looking through bino's. I am not sure either but some close friends that I know who work and train at SA said that the stronachs had some beef with Wrona but again that is rumors. Frank calls a great race too, don't get me wrong. I bet Australian races at night and think they are some of the best callers in my opinion. Having the same color saddle clothes have to be tough as well.
Many Thanks. I have no clue about what that situation was at Santa Anita. I have definitely been influenced by the Aussie callers but I also think in Australia it is seen as more of a "profession" and errors just are not tolerated. You have to prove yourself before you get a shot behind the mic. I was fifteen when I called my first jumps race in the UK and had been practicing on track for at least three years before that! I can never remember peoples names, but if they all wore jockeys silks, I would know them each and every time!!

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most