Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Tablets
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 10:44 AM   #8
Red Knave
dGnr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilderness View Post
Somebody told me I could buy a tablet for under $100 that would allow me stream video via HDMI to my TV. Also need and Ethernet connection.
I have an older Lenovo 8" tablet running Android 6 that I have used to 'cast' to my Samsung smart TV. It cost me $109 CDN 2 years ago. I use wi-fi to connect to the internet and I can state that any tablet I have ever seen has good connectivity this way. I bought a bluetooth keyboard for it and it also works fine although I don't use it much. Of the many things I use it for, watching races is probably the highest percentage.
My guesses are that you can do what you want but you may need to rethink how. I don't know of any tablet that has an ethernet port. This, of course, doesn't mean there aren't any, but mainstream tablets will need a dongle of some sort that uses the USB port of which, typically, there is only one. Also, output to a TV is typically done over wi-fi using some software or hardware combination like Chromecast. They actually work pretty well. You may find a tablet that has an HDMI output but probably not for under $100.

The takers get the honey, the givers sing the blues - Robin Trower, Too Rolling Stoned - 1974
Red Knave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)