Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 07:10 PM   #21
tbwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
Just to illustrate my point. When I was in Vegas I was playing on one of those $1 minimum blackjack slot machines. It is basically simulated blackjack. Now I have no idea how these things are programmed(do they actually simulate a deck of cards and deal or is it programmed to win a certain percentage of time and lose a certain percentage of the time and the rest is theater-I have no idea). But the point is that some guy comes by (I think 2 players can play at a time on it) and is watching me play. He watches about 10 hands or so where the dealer is getting mostly 20's and 21's and then he seems my 20 against a dealers 16 get beat by the dealer pulling a 5 and getting 21, and he shakes his head and walks away. He wasn't even the one losing, but the game looked rigged to him and he had enough.

Legally the machines have to simulate an actual deck of cards however I believe most shuffle after each hand/round. So there is no way of counting the computer. Same thing with Video poker.

I get your point though the same thing can happen at a table.
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most