Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 09:05 PM   #14
Thebart

From the perspective of a Racing Purist

I love all this talk, especially on here, about sports betting. It would be great if vast numbers of horse players get into sports gambling. Dividing their attention between racing and sports betting will not make them better horse players. Maybe some odds here and there will improve.

Some gamblers - the ones with a real gambling addiction - always need something else to throw money at because thoroughbred race wagering is no longer a beatable game. Or so they say. Every guy I've ever known with a gambling problem - and I've known a few - needed a constant supply of what they called "action." Now there will be new opportunities.

Many of these people are going to have access to lots more action. It will be interesting to see how it all works out. The only safe bet, is that if there's a way for the horse racing industry owners to screw things up, my money says they will.

Bottom line for me: When I'm thinking about races at Belmont or Aqueduct betting on other sports is of literally no interest even if it were available. When it comes to betting the races, I don't multi-task.
Thebart is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)