Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 10:41 PM   #20
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac View Post
I don't know if race track officials are smarter now. I hear a lot of reasons why racing isn't doing well and rarely does anyone say it's because the track officials are smarter these days.
Ok..That wasn't the point I was attempting to make.
My angle here is safety.
If you want to discuss the issues plaguing this game, there are at least two active threads on this very subject.
Look....If it rains a lot, its not good for 1200 lb animals to be running on the grass. The surface and the root systems take too much time to recover. It is better to surrender a days turf racing than to go ahead and race and lose WEEKS because the turf is severely damaged.
Not only the damage to the turf itself, but more importantly the potential hazards to riders and horses. So ya miss a day. So what. Come back tomorrow. The track will still be there.
I will say this....So they go ahead and for the sake of keeping a few bettors happy, race on the goo. In the first race two horses go down because one snapped a foreleg and the other fell over the first one. They bring out the van and the "blue screen". Now what? You have a huge public relations mess on your hands. Every friggin animal rights group wants the track shut down and the management imprisoned.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)