View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 12:30 AM   #27
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1947
LK

found this in my archieves

From Markgoldie"

........Been a lot of nice comments about my posts, but let's not get overly excited. This is just a small part of what you need for success in the game, which as we know is brutally difficult. Still, it may help some handicappers. I hope so.
AM
AM thx so much for reviving this archived post....

I had it on my old HD, that is, until my motherboard gave up early in 2013...I still have the HD and all of it contents intact, I just haven't gotten around to retrieving it yet....Hey, it' only been a year..haha...

But back to MARKGOLDIES "BPQ"....MG, gave me much to think about especially the BPQ aspect of assessing some pace scenarios...After I adopted it, I had been using the BPQ with modest success for a good while, but it became to tedious for me, what with me being strictly a P&P handicapper, and with so many tracks to screen each day....

But the BPQ aspect of pace was an inspiration to me, and so much so and that is how I came to invent the "PIPs"...Being the P&P guy, I was looking for ways to shortcut the math part of handicapping, and to create something that was just as effective, but simpler and quicker and easier to do....Thus the PIPs were born, and shortly thereafter I more or less abandoned the BPW formula....It was just killing my time, and created a distraction to me....But, in the end I think that it was a very good trade, even tho perhaps some accuracy may have been a l mite lost...Still, when I see a certain PIP pattern I will still do the BPQ to follow up on it....Just not on a grand scale as before tho...The PIPs seem to do nicely in most cases...

But, back to Markgoldie....You know, I really miss his postings....And, I often wonder what had become of him since his last posts...He was a very brightminded man, and he would share a laugh with you, as I believe that he didn't take himself as seriously as some of his also very intelligent like minded peers....I really admire that in a person,very....

Below I am going to offer a graphic....This matrix is a conglomeration of acronyms, that explain just about everything that I know to be of importance to the winning and losing of horseraces....From it I have created my own language, and if I explained in detail, the meaning and significance of each and every acronym, we could then have a dialogue using this language, without having to resort to square one explanations of things....I often daydream about getting these glyphs into a program....I truly believe it would be sumpin'... But I doubt that will ever happen, haha...

Still, the main reason that I am posting this graphic is to show you how much I thought of the BPQ aspect of pace-assessment....is all...

note: this chart is more than 2-years old, and has been revamped and revised since, but it is on that locked up HD...haha...

Look in the PACE-PATTERNS column and you will see BPQ...that's it...

Thx again AM...

Best,
Johnny U.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)