Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 08:03 PM   #22
slewis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchell_Racing
Its great reading shit like yours pal...I may not be a knowitall..But I do train horses....These shoes will be banned all over the country very soon...Calder is also banning them...Your studies mean crap to the injured horses.
The reason I called you a know-it all is because it's trainers like you ( and others "involved" in this game) that shoot your mouth off when you dont have anything (data or other) to substantiate it.
I've done some research and I know your about a 6 % trainer on the Calder, Tampa Bay, and occasionally GP circuit. 6% at 2 minor league tracks would hardly qualify one to be considered an "expert" in his field.
I too, are far from an expert in this business, if there is such a thing. But I listen to the guys who are respected as THE TOP TRAINERS give their opinions and views, and I listen carefully.
Allen Jerkens, in my opinion, the greatest trainer of my day, has run 85% of his dirt runners in Mud Calks and bends. He beat the great Secretariat, and has accomplished much with far inferior stock then some of his peers.
So, Mr. Schell, I ask you ever so humbly, Do you know better then Mr Jerkens??.. or Mr. Zito... or McLaughlin??? or Levine, or Hushion, etc...
My suggestion to you???... This winter in South Fla, when these trainers are in town, maybe you should ask them what you should be doing because at 6% this yr, you ain't gettin it done, pal. That is of course if your stable and you aren't over in Tampa.
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)