Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 07:39 PM   #21
slewis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenanigans
Not trying to be a wise ass here, but in your study did you walk back to the barns of each individual horse after each race and inspect their legs? Looking at the legs from the grand stand doesn't count.
Did you seek out information from each trainer about how each horse came back to the barn after each race? A lot of horses show signs of lameness while cooling out back at the barn.
Did you, in your study, follow up on each horse to see how well they came out of each race and how soon did they run back? Time off in between races usually can be due to some type of injury.
Can you reveal to us on how you conducted this study? Did you have trainers actually participating and being cooperative in this study? Most of the information you need to conduct this study would undoubtedly have to come from the trainers mouth. Are you telling us that in this study, each and every trainer of each and every horse gave you information on how their horse came out of each and every race?
Also, how were you able to verify how each horses injury did or did not be caused by the shoes they were wearing?
Ok Darling,

I figured you'd be one of the people who wants to challenge me on this.
But after reading your post, I believe you might have an open mind here and are curious to see, so I'll answer your questions as best I can.
1) Of course I dont walk back to the barn with every horse, but I am friendly enough with enough trainers and have gotten positive feedback regarding their (mud calks) safety, that I dont need to. Plus, I have raced my own horses with them and had NO negative issues at all. With them, I do get to go back to the barn and go to the barn the next day, when the real problems become evident. I would NEVER allow these to be used if they put our horses in danger. I love these animals too much to risk that. We raced Big Truck with them as a two yr old, and at the time Tagg thought he was one of the best horses he ever had (archive the DRF article if you dont believe me).
2) The "follow-up" study. YES, absolutely. All horses that DNF for ANY reason were run through the database to check the next time they raced.
Would you agree if a horse raced within 6 weeks of a DNF, there was probably not a serious issue, and calks nor injury was probably not the cause of the DNF. Breathing issues play a larger role in these. In 99% of the cases of DNF with mud calks, horses returned to the races AGAIN wearing mud calks. That should tell you that either calks were NOT the problem or the trainer should be in jail. (Go with the first choice)
3) Revealing the study. .. I keep this database because certain shoe changes create betting AND claiming opportunities. I consider some changes negative and some positive. It's part of a complete database I keep to stay ahead of competition. Tongue tie, certain bit and blinker changes are in the database too. Their is NO ONE that I know of at NYRA that does this.. but trust me, the NYRA executives know who I am, what I have and what I'm going to expose. As far as trainers go, well, lets put it this way... Pletcher, McLaughlin, Hennig have all consulted with me on Mud calks and bends. Someone tipped McLaughlin about me when he started training again and he asked me a slew of questions. I'm honest with everyone and have the data to prove it. KM has used them on 95% of his dirt horses ever since. I asked him years ago if he had any more problems when using calks, and his answer, like most trainers who use them was and I quote "I'm seeing LESS problems and sounder horses and will be running ALL my horses with them!"
4) Your last question is somewhat a repeat..... I told you what trainers like McLaughlin, Levine, Hushion, Pletcher and even today I had a chat with Nick Zito who I gave a copy of the report last week. They all agree, this rule is nonsense and has a hidden agenda which I will post later this evening.
But again, I think we could agree that if a horse is running every 4 weeks or so wearing mud calks and bends, we dont need to ask the trainer if there's trauma or injury, he wouldn't be able to do it.
I could list the names of top top quality horses that have raced with them, including Commentator, Sky Beauty, Invasor, Jazil, and I could go on and on.
Keep an open mind and evaluate the numbers I post later.....
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)