Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Drf
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 10:49 PM   #9
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Cool..I posted on this very subject yesterday EMD. About a horse getting "couponed" ---I like that term. It's on my The Mountain 8-5 thread in SELECTIONS if you wanna check it out
I have more but they can't be said on here. Extremely politically incorrect. Learned them from some amazing horseplayers I met over the years. They took the most brutal of rides and yelled out the most amazingly accurate phrases known to mankind. To this day I can't forget the 1st time I heard certain phrases.

To give you a taste. Picture this: 7 across the track at Santa Anita mid 90's. 8 horse field. Rail horse has lead by 1/2, 2nd horse is second by a half, 3rd horse is 3 wide 3rd by a 1/2, 4th horse is 4 wide 4th by a head, 5th horse is 5w 5th by 3/4, 6th horse is 6 wide 6th by 1/2 and the 7th horse is 7 wide 7th by 3 lengths.

This is mid backstretch in a 6F dirt sprint.

Guy's horse is 8th under what I call the "domino" (I call it that for note taking. If the leader falls down to his right, all the horses next to him will fall like a domino. Helps me visualize the race without rewatching it).

All his jockey has to do is stay underneath the domino, tip out into the lane jog by.

Jock on the horse in last takes up, goes all out 8-9 wide from the 1/2 mile pole. Makes a super 8 wide sweep around the far turn (second quarter split was very good as well) his horse is rallying into the lane but is obviously losing starch after the assinine far turn move, rallies to miss a nose at the wire in a soft third quarter.

It's obvious to the world that if the jock just stayed tucked under the domino around the far turn, he would've jogged by ten after angling into the lane.

Guy goes bezerk, throws old drf into the mounted TV, picks it up and throws it right back at the TV. Spits upward at the TV and screams out the most amazing insult that is so fitting for what happened.

To this day, I still will say it under my breath or sometimes loud for all to hear if I am really pissed at the knucklehead involved.

I can't repeat it, don't kill me but it has motivated me to come up with some pc curse outs when the pinhead snatches defeat from the JAWS OF VICTORY!
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most