Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 05:11 PM   #30
paulbenny

I used a nice round number. lets drop it to 200,000, or even 150,000. I think there is more to the story here. You said they already have their own good trainers. How does one qualify to be a good trainer and get these horses Dale Baird (RIP) was not getting them. Why wasn't he getting them? I mean, I know he was in West Virginia and was low level in the claiming business years ago.

How about Bob Baffert? He is getting them but he is not a good trainer apparently?? I am unclear on what a good trainer is but I was told Bill Mott is. Someone made that statement.

There is a judgement made but the numbers clearly demonstrate that Saffie Joseph is a good trainer according to the consensus here. I just suggested that if I had a horse I would rather pay Bill Mott more money to train him. I know I would sleep at night.

It seems to me a guy like Dale Baird was not in even close to major racing and Saffie Joseph is yet he is not getting them.
paulbenny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)