Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Winx Vs Enable
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 12:47 AM   #110
Scanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
Cheers. Local track is Geelong, but it’s a tip, the turf is always rail biased the last few years. I live about 20 minutes away from there near the coast.
Made it to Geelong the day after the new years meeting at Hanging Rock in 2014. It was kind of anti-climatic, as racing at the "Rock" was quite an experience.

Had an excellent day out at Geelong. Very quiet mid-week meeting. The staff were wonderful in providing me with an owner's badge for the day allowing me to mix it up with the owner's and trainer's. Even had a nice win punting.

This past March, I went racing at Colac (a very under utilized country racecourse). I'm sure you would have been there. Once again, the hospitality was fantastic. Had the chance to walk the course the following day. Quite a stiff run up the back straight that led to a quick downhill run to the home turn.

You are fortunate to have such an enjoyable array of racing venues in Victoria. I always look forward to returning. I still have all of the Melbourne city tracks to visit. Hopefully, they'll leave Sandown alone until I get there.
Scanman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most