Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 04:57 PM   #13
CBYRacer

I think focusing on your home track means you'll see a lot of the same faces (horses, trainers, jockeys) each season and get to know their tendencies better. Also, I think you'll have a better grasp of the inherent pecking order among local heroes at the track. Hard to explain, but once you know the characters (horses in this case) better you know which horses may have run a higher Beyer speed figure in the last race but just aren't as classy against a local hero. This is particularly true in State Bred races. You know who the standouts are and not just because of the speed figures, but because they've proven they like the track and they've beaten these foes before. It's a little more refined view of class than just looking at key races, purse, or class ratings.

Also, if you start to know the horses better, you'll know how they typically behave in the paddock, when something's wrong, etc.

Just my two cents.
CBYRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)