Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 05:20 PM   #93
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
When I see a player betting 4% of his bankroll on a single play...then I hope, for his sake, that his bankroll is readily replaceable in the event that it is lost. Otherwise...a much greater degree of safety is recommended...IMO. This is a game where losing streaks are the rule rather than the exception...and the 4% betting unit depletes the bankroll at a rate that can frazzle the player's nerves, to the point where it may become impossible to play the game with the confidence that it demands.

The bigger the bankroll is, the harder it is to replace it...and the more necessary it becomes to treat it with the respect that it deserves. Underbetting our bankroll may not be as "adventurous" as we would like, but it allows us to function with our sanity intact...whereas OVERBETTING our bankroll is FATAL...for bankroll and sanity alike.
I play in the win place pools and usually, unless I really like something, bet about 3% per wager.

I started with a small amount but have built that up.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)