Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 08:15 PM   #1
Neumeier

Getting bullied by landlord

I live in an apartment complex where everyone is miserable. The management here really sucks, but that is beside point.

My wife and I are model tenants. We've lived here 6 years. About 3 years ago we got a call that they never received our rent check. I told them to wait a week or so to see if it turns up. They never received after a few more days (3 weeks late at this point) and called me saying I needed to bring a cashier check to the office (30 miles away) or they will come clean our apartment out the next day. I thought this was odd since we never missed a payment. I let it slide and brought a cashier check. About 2 months later the lost check was returned to us. No idea what happened with it.

Fast forward to this month. My wife ran out of checks so she told me to send the check from my other account. Of course I forgot. Completely my fault. So the rent is 3 weeks late. Over the last 6 years we have never ever missed a payment besides the lost check. They called me today saying to hand deliver it or they are serving us an eviction notice.

The place that calls threatening is a management company that works for the complex. I sent the owner of the complex an email. I am hoping he will respond. I want him to understand how horrible the people are that manage the property. I have never been spoken to so rudely by people. There is no way they can evict you for being a couple weeks late after never missing payments.
Neumeier is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)