Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 03:23 PM   #39
pandy

The book is full of stats, for instance, how you would have done if you bet every horse that added blinkers and stuff like that, but then it has subsets, so for instance, it will show how you would have done betting first time starters, but then it shows how you would have done betting first time starters that are favorites, odds 8-1 or higher, 2 year olds, 3 year olds, lasix, no lasix, MSW, MDN claiming, top pedigree, top trainer, top jockey, apprentice, etc.

But, besides the stats, Barry goes into a lot of detail about how to handicap the horses and covers a lot of ground. I found some of the stats interesting and I think it may be helpful. But his handicapping theories are fundamental and I don't think I can learn anything from them, although it's always a good reminder, I guess. For a novice, the book is excellent.

I like reading about handicapping from an expert, he's an expert, so I enjoyed it and I'm glad I bought it. There are a few things that I used to do that I got away from and the stats in the book showed that they're worth coming back to.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)