Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 07:17 PM   #21
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I'm not looking to get into an argument...all I am doing is trying to correct a mistake. You said in your initial post that the late-pace ratings of the and the were tied, according to the figures that you use...and this is obviously a bris-figure mistake. In no way should the late-pace figures of the and the be tied...because the two horses have opposing running-styles. The has much better closing figures than the ...because he contributes nothing to the early pace of the race.
Nor do I. Again, I make my own late speed numbers, and only look at Bris, to see if they're relatively high, low, or way out of line. My late speed numbers had the 6 and 9 tied for the lowest of the bunch for their first number and the 9 was one number faster than 6 for the other. But in my orig. comments I'd mentioned that 9 did that with a very slow 116.0 2nd call time, while the 6 had put up two markedly better pace numbers(6f).

As it turned out, the 6 by my calculations put up the best late speed number again in this race and almost ruined the win for #4, whom I picked. I had the 6's late speed as 3 ticks off my original prediction, and dead in the middle of the two late speed numbers I'd had(not Bris' no's.) Where I'd like to be is how to adjust my late speed numbers in routes for slow or fast pace times, which I'm able to do on sprints. I know you are already there. Peace brother.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most