Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Trayvon Martin
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #282
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

I agree that if Zimmerman doesn't carry the gun, then Martin doesn't get shot by Zimmerman. Zimmerman actually doesn't know if Martin has or hasn't a weapon. He could have been anyone. He could have been another Zimmerman with a gun, who knows. We also don't know that Zimmerman displayed that weapon at any prior time to the shooting. And if there was indeed a serious fight with head bashing to pavement and/or buildings, either one of them could have killed each other. But obviosly normally, there shouldn't be any physical contact, let alone figing and shooting, no dead nor any injured people.

I'm not totaly convinced on following somene being an act of agression - I think if depends on how far away. 10 feet, hell yes. 100 feet, not sure. 200 feet, don't think so. Staying about a block away would seem about right - not knowing the size of the blocks on this housng developement. Close enough to see but not to seeming invade personal space.

Remember, if anyone else, someone other than Zimmerman, was walking through the complex, maybe for exercise, or coming back from a similar errand, etc, maybe walking on their way home, they would be entitied to walk near or even past Martin without a conflict occring. That doesn't mean one or the other might not understand.

If Martin got upset with being followed and then attacked Zimmerman, I don't know that that is justified. Depends on distance, and maybe ofther factors. But following is just following. Watching is just watching. We know nothing about a piece being displayed. I certainly would walk slowly away if they had a piece displayed, or yell for help. I sure as hell wouldn't charge the person with the gun. Of course, I'm an experienced adult, not a young person ('amature person', as I have to remind myself of teens and kids - having no kids of my own.)

Living in the city, with public transportation, people follow each other here for a few blocks all the time. Even in the dark. Not always comfortable, but it happens, we all need to get to and from where we're going.

If both the parties intentions were innocent, it seems they both gave off visual cues that were interpreted as threatening. One continuing to follow someone trying to lose them makes it seems they are being chased with intent, and withouth verbal contact, maybe possible harm. One following a person who one wonders why they are there and looking out for potential criminaly activity, and then the person tries to lose them, sends off a queue that one might think the other is up to no good.

Actually, going back to my current an past neighborhoods, and normal hours, people walk around, even in the early-middle evening, in the dark or daylight, just for exercise. They might not even be going anywhere.

I wish Martin had just gone on to his destination (that we've been told). I wish Zimmerman had not followed, or had stayed so far back as to not draw Martin to go toward him.

Normally, when in doubt, wait. And most often, nothing happens.
Steve 'StatMan' is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)