Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Trayvon Martin
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #281
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller
If someone was following you would you consider it a hostile act?
I might. But I wouldn't consider it as an assault upon my person. All of a sudden, self-defense has become redefined to include how many kinds of real or perceived "hostile" acts? How 'bout, I'm walking down the street and a black guy wearing a hoodie gives me a really angry hostile look and follows me with his eyes. Would that be justification for me to go over and pop the guy upside his jaw?

Or I'm walking down the street and some black guy starts swearing at me and yelling racial epithets, would I then be justified in taking out my brass knuckles because I didn't care much for his brand of hostility-laden free speech?

Where do you draw the line? I know where I would draw the line because I know where that line is biblically drawn. And I have a strong suspicion that if Martin hadn't acted in ignorance and knew where that line was drawn, he would probably be alive today -- assuming, of course, Zim didn't initiate the physical contact that ensued between them.

Did not even Jesus say, hyperbolically, "to turn the other cheek". In other words, do all in your power to avoid conflicts. It's not surprising at all that the world's wisdom teaches us to do differently.

Boxcar

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)