Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 10:14 AM   #14
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Something needs to be done, but I am not sure what. I would say men's basketball is the worst, but probably the most demanding on the so-called student athlete. Road games in the middle of a school week? You would have to be nose to the grindstone, little time for recreation and sleep less than the recommended 8 hours to play D1 basketball and keep decent grades in classes needed toward a respectable major. Good example a conference game where Texas Tech has to travel to West Virginia for tonight's game.
I would think just the time spent in the airport on both ends and the flights have to kill 12 hours. Some of these teams are playing 8-9 games a month during the season, impossible to mix that with being a good student unless you have mental skills that most do not posses.

Something also needs to be done about the one and done institutions. Is that person really a student athlete if he is just killing time waiting for the NBA draft? The NBA makes hoards of money they need to spend some of it to set up a minor league system similar to baseball, stop using the NCAA as a farm system. The NCAA in basketball has become the NBA's farm system for financial gain.
The game has changed and the NCAA hasn't. The players are what generates the cash cows in football and basketball. I don't want to see a player paid but you need to stop the one and done in CB. That combined with keeping the agents away from the top prospects before the commit to a college could make a difference.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)