Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 07:22 AM   #29
Marshall Bennett

Thought card collecting was nearly dead. Cards produced after the 70's are virtually worthless if you go to sell them. That's if you are lucky enough to find anyone who wants them. Stamp collecting suffered a similar fate. Other than a few standouts, nobody wants them. Coins aren't racking up a lot of interest either. Again, other than the extremely rare, gold, and silver, interest has virtually evaporated.
Reasons are simple. Die-hard collectors are now older or dead, and the newer generations won't devote their time. Baseball card makers flooded the market in the early 80's making newer cards worthless to own. Younger collectors were chased away and then the high-tech revolution entered the market. The rest is history.
I sold my dad's coin collection which was a nice one..at least I thought so, but was basically given its value in gold and silver. A few old coins brought a fraction what they were once worth. All the proof sets after 1963 brought little over face value. My dad had stacks. The man said his ability to turn them over for any profit just isn't there anymore.
Its all a shame, but times change and so do people's desires and interest I suppose.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most