Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 09:43 AM   #14
QuickHorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57
In response to "backfitting" ...

Can the program "supertune" to a set range on dates, say like year 2014
and apply it forward to say 2015 to test results?
Yes, you can slice dates anyway you wish, so you can supertune a prior date range, for example, 2013, then just use the backtest feature on 2014 to see how those settings did going forward. That would give you a year's worth data backward then test as if you had wagered the year of 2014. Some users will supertune based on a year, but then only backtest for a month and claim the figures do not line up, so I suggest you pick equal swaths of time as a fair comparison.

As for race cards we do have a feature called "Get Tipsheet" (available on the 2nd popup of QuickHorse once you've initialized the software), and as part of the 100% features GET TIPSHEETS is available to all users during that trial. This feature would typically be for novice handicappers or those who do not want to get to know the program and only want some selections. These Tipsheets are supertuned using the past 50 races at that track/distance/class tier/type of wager.

There seems to be a hesitation on the part of users here but I assure you that while we ask for your email address, the purpose is to uniquely associate you with a string of characters (though we do insist it is in an email format). There are users who use fake email addresses and though we know who you are we don't cancel your subscription. We also don't support you as we can not contact you so if you want support then use a proper email address. Emails are not used to spam you as we notify users of updates via web page access within QuickHorse when updates are available.

Bottom line there is nothing you need fear by simply downloading the software and registering. That way you have unlimited access to our tipsheets we've tuned for today's race cards. That's the best I can do for you and I think its fair.
QuickHorse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)