Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 11:29 AM   #312
classhandicapper

I tend to agree with Reckless.

Trump is slowly accomplishing much of what he wanted on domestic taxes, trade, and immigration. The problem he's having (that he may have underestimated) is that the republican party globalists and neo-cons are still working against him.

I'm sure he knew going in that he'd have to make compromises. Every deal maker knows that the correct strategy is to ask for more than you really want and compromise down to what you actually want. I'm sure he was doing that as well. So holding him to what he was initially asking for is idiotic. However, he is getting way more resistance from his own party than he expected and that's slowing him down.

We are only 1 year into it though. He's going to accomplish a lot more each year.

Bringing up Russia is just ridiculous.

He's made it clear a million times that he wants a better relationship with Russia, but the neocon war mongers like McCain are still living in the past and the democrats and media are totally delusional with their conspiracy theories about the election making excuses for their failures. That's a major impediment to progress. If he even tries to do the right thing and talk to Russia, the scumbags, dimwits, and crazies come out of the woodwork and say "See I told you he's in cahoots with Putin".

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)