Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 09:17 PM   #5
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99 View Post
I’m sure this is a normal thing for those Elite trainers but it affects everyone especially if those entered horses who scratch get zero days and re enter immediately. I’m not opposed to a racing office telling a trainer a race came up tough or light but giving someone a distinct advantage on a scratched horse is not going to be tolerated.
It's not normal for any trainer to get this information except for Graded Stakes, and then a lot of that is in the press and noms are published so it's not that much of a secret.

This information is especially important in the claiming ranks because it gives access to the state vet reports on the horse, so that can help someone decide whether to claim or not to claim. I think these vet reports are shared by all tracks too, so it isn't just NYRA horses but Laurel and horses running at other tracks. That's in addition to knowing if there's some tough horses being dropped down and leaving you to decide to go in another race.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement