Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: CLARK HANDICAP
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 11:23 AM   #17
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
If I was handling Midnight Bourbon I’d look for a soft spot to get a win and then head back into the deeper waters. He has been having a tough time getting into the winners circle, but he’s been competitive with the best 3yos in the country who themselves looked very deep and were just competitive in the Classic other than getting outrun by the HOTY. If that doesn’t work, they can try a mile.
Hey, if he's going to face paceless 6-8 horse fields, he could earn a lot holding onto thirds most of the time.

I don't know whether it was the horse or the rider that behaved badly in the Clark. For whatever reason, he missed a golden opportunity to try to win. He probably wouldn't have won, given that Maxfield ran his race and he didn't run particularly well, but for two thirds of the race he would have been in contention.
Entering the first turn in the Clark, he needed Maxfield to not show up, in order to have a chance. The race was significantly changed with Ortiz and Maxfield sitting in perfect position after the break was squandered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
Midnight Bourbon veered in a bobbled sharply right out of the gate; couldn't find a head-on replay, but he might have been getting out the rest of the way, too (he also took up a bit when cleared by Maxfield). Wouldn't be surprised if he gets an extended break.
well, hopefully it's not an injury issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I thought he'd win yesterday, but I'm off that horse. He has now lost ground from the stretch call to the finish in every single race he's ever run other than his maiden win. That is not something you want to see from a top racehorse.
Same here, CJ.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)