Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 10:36 PM   #26
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I have a very important question.

WHY?

Steroids were well established by the time of Big Red. They had already been in the Olympics for TWENTY YEARS (1954 was when Russian weightlifters were first juicing).

It would be far more surprising to me to find out definitively that Secretariat ran CLEAN.
Anything's possible, but his trainer, Lucien Laurin, although quite successful, only had one horse that I can remember that ran insanely fast, Secretariat. Yes, Riva Ridge was also fast, but his wins looked normal. Laurin was successful, not freaky successful the way Baffert is. Baffert has had so many horses that run suspiciously powerful races that it's obvious that he's a cheater. No one is that lucky and no one is that good. You just don't get that many freaks, it's impossible. Of course, the fact that he has more drug violations than any trainer is all the proof you need, plus the 7 horses that dropped dead while basically standing in their stalls.

Last edited by pandy; 05-08-2021 at 10:38 PM.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)