Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion III
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 03:35 PM   #8204
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Well, I have a very intimate, loving relationship with God but I don't go opening the Bible for guidance. That's religion. That's for people who don't KNOW God yet in a direct way from within. [i]I get guidance directly from God in the here and now, not from some events in a book. That doesn't mean I don't follow Jesus's way, I do. My life source is direct. He teaches me.
(emphasis mine)

Of course, "he teaches" you. And everything he teaches you just happens to contradict what He taught in the scriptures.

If fact, the scriptures say this about knowing God:

1 John 2:3-6
3 We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. 4 The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.
NIV

"But if anyone obeys his word, the love of God (to paraphrase) is truly made complete in him." God's love!

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)