Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion III
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 10:14 AM   #8193
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Absolutely. Why do you think the church loses so many people? Because they can't relate to God, let alone worship him. So yes it would be extremely burdensome to worship someone you don't know except in theory.
So, Jesus had it wrong? Good to know that you think you're smarter and more spiritually mature than the Son of God who created the universe. For someone who claims to have "very intimate loving relationship with God", you come off as quite arrogant and prideful. For Jesus also taught this:

Matt 11:28-30
28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
NIV

Jesus is infinitely more humble than you are; yet you think that you will inherit the kingdom of God!? God hates the proud (Prov 6:17; 1Pet 5:5)! You are so entirely self-deceived that you cannot see that you have developed, by your own carnal mind which has never been transformed, your own religion by trying to approach God strictly on your own terms.

The reason the church loses so many people is primarily because, like you, they don't think they have to "go opening the bible for guidance". The bible is also irrelevant to them. Or another reason is that they pervert the scriptures to tickle their own ears, so God's truth has no place in their heart. Ultimately, they fall away. Jesus even predicted this would happen in the Parable of the Four Soils (Lk 8:4-15).

Jesus also taught in that parable, ironically, that the knowledge of the secrets of the Kingdom of God were given only to God's disciples, but to others he speaks in parables , "so that though seeing they may not see; though hearing they may not understand". You are quite obviously in the group of the "others". You neither see or understand the Gospel of the Kingdom.

There's is nothing burdensome to a believer who serves, worships and obeys Christ out of his love for Him. Biblical love is moral in nature, which is how Jesus could say that if one loves Him, he'll keep his commandments. Paul stated this about love in a negative way: "Love does no wrong, and therefore is the fulfillment of the law"(Rom 13:10). The only "love" you think you have for God is strictly worldly, profane and ungodly in nature. A love that does not move you to serve, worship and obey God is an abomination to him!

Finally, since the Word of God is as eternal as God himself, it is always relevant. Just as God transcends time, so does his Word (Ps 119:89; Mat 5:17-18)).

One more thing: Be sure to let us know when you convert Jesus to your religion and he becomes your disciple. And when he takes your yoke upon himself to learn from you.

Last edited by boxcar; 01-22-2022 at 10:16 AM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)