Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 07:17 AM   #26
sjk

I will take the other side of the accuracy argument. I don't think errors of a tick or two at the frequency described are going to change a lot of my betting decisions.

If you are willing to project numbers based on the runners in the individual race you can make up times (there was not time for the 6th at Btp yesterday so I made one up) and get useable numbers. To the extent that your figures contain an element of same race projection things will tend to partially self-correct.

I use figures to project what figure a horse will run today. There is a pretty wide distribution of reasonably likely outcomes and outcomes of a few points more or less are not that much different in frequency.

Extra variability due to measurement error in the making of the original figure will change the distribution of outcomes but I would expect the change to be pretty small.
sjk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)