Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 03:46 PM   #11
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
We are trying something new to broaden the appeal of our racing. Given how much things have changed in the over 30 years since Harvey Pack started Thoroughbred Action, with replays now available in a variety of ways ( for those in the NYC area we show them twice on the NYRA Network ) including free access on nyra.com, without even requiring a login of any kind, we felt a show merely consisting of replays and corresponding prices neither served our potential customers as well as possible nor did it make the best use of the time we have on the MSG Network.

We fully understand that some of our long standing customers will be disappointed, and for that we apologize, but once again given the availability of our replays, we feel that a more than reasonable alternative is available.

We are constantly beseiged by people saying the industry does not do enough to try to encourage new customers, or modernize our approaches. In my opinion, this show is an attempt to do just that. I am sorry if some people do not like it, but also disappointed that some also seem unwilling to even give it a fair chance. It is a work in progress. I am very confident that over time it will be a model television show for the entire industry.

In the other thread about the new show, I mentioned that I was skeptical at first, but after catching up on the first couple of episodes, I'm warming up to the new format. Blewitt mentioned they understand the "frustration" regarding the replays going away, but also noted the NYRA site for replays--from the past four years even--that are made available minutes after that particular race is run.
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most