Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 11:20 AM   #4063
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnlgfnk View Post
In my reply to Actor (#4043), I responded to the first entry, entitled "Origins of religion...Why do human beings tend to be religious? The answer is found in Darwinian evolution"... by citing champion-of-Darwinism Jerry Coyne ("Why Evolution Is True") from his own blog, which you restated above. You don't need to plant your scriptural flag in the ground. Just have Coyne's "profoundly ignorant" challenge Actor's "the answer is found...".

No, I am not "agnostic about this subject". I am with Augustine...“Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.” I have found this to be true most of all when experiencing the self-sacrificing, unconditional love I have for my wife and children and them for me, which in my reading (your interlocutor once compared his love ["behavior pattern"] for his wife to his "love" for his car), hearing, comparing and contrasting, most corresponds (analogously) to the inner life of the Trinity, as opposed to the other major core explanations for my existence from Judaism, Islam, the Far East, and materialism, et.al.
Glad to hear you don't buy into Coyne's nonsense. But neither do I buy into Augustine's explanation. It explains a Christian's spiritual experience but not that of a lost and dying, yet very religious world.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)