Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 03:07 PM   #38
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
So if he's going to have a full book, how has he been devalued?

He's going to stand by his owners right? You think they're going to lower what they were going to have his initial stud fee be....considering they know they'll have a full book?

Let's see you back up your talk Mr Big Time Horse Owner. Name a horse you've owned.
Can you even do simple math?

Let me help you out.

When Arrogate was "the greatest horse in the world," perhaps they thought they could get a $100k stud fee, even though he's by UBS. That's $10m a year based on 100 paid stud fees, and $30m in 3 years.

Now that Arrogate has fallen to earth, they may no longer be able to get $100k. If they can get $75k, they've lost $2.5m a year, or $7.5m in 3 years.

If they have to cut him to $50k, that's a loss in value of $5m a year, and $15m in 3 years.

This isn't tough. I'll explain it to my neighbor's 8yo when they come over to swim later today. I bet he gets the math.

Will Take Charge was a pretty accomplished son of UBS, and he could only command $30k as a stud fee, and that's being out of Take Charge Lady, a far superior female family than Arrogate's.

No one thinks he won't get a full book, but only you seem to not understand that the stud fee and quality of mares are subject to fluctuation, meaning yes, he can devalue and already has.

It's your problem if you don't believe my wild claim that I work in horse racing and it includes selection of horses at the sales. I'll be at Sept. I'll post about some horses that we won't be bidding on since you're so interested.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)