Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 08:22 AM   #68
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post
I get what you're saying. Daltrey is no McCartney. But like you said Who's Next is iconic -- especially Daltrey's scream in Won't Get Fooled Again.

Love Ain't for Keeping is not the best song on the record, but it's still pretty strong. It's also by far the shortest clocking in at only 2:10. It's a change of tempo piece after the first two rockers that start the record.

The lyrics are pretty strong for a love song. Love ain't for keeping is a poetic way of saying let's have some great sex right here, right now!
When I think of rock vocalists, Daltrey or McCartney wouldn't make my top 5 or even my top 10. But we're talking about the album and most rock music aficionados would call Who's Next iconic. That said, The Wife and Love' Ain't are filler, lyrics aside. The only thing thing that makes Love Ain't interesting is Entwhistle's "lead" bass lines. It's as if he knew the chord progression was amateurish and he needed to make something out of nothing. I am hard pressed to think of any album that doesn't have at least one filler song no matter how much I like the band or the record.

If I could only listen to five or 10 records the rest of my life Who's Next would NOT be one of them. Still, I can recognize the impact the album had and its place in music history.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)