Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 08:29 AM   #1635
Thomas Roulston

For what it's worth, the equibase footnotes read as follows:

"FINAL FRONTIER came away in good order, went three wide on the first turn, stalked the pace on the outside, made a bid in the two path on the far turn, took the lead in the three path into the stretch, led determinedly into the final sixteenth, came out late and bumped HIZEEM forcing him simultaneously into STRIKE ME DOWN and narrowly prevailed on the wire. STRIKE ME DOWN was taken in hand early, rounded the first turn in the three path under restraint, settled near the back while outside on the backstretch, went around the far turn in the three to four path, swung seven to eight wide into the stretch, rallied outside under a strong hand ride, was given one crack of a right-handed whip inside the furlong marker, lugged in badly while gaining fast approaching the sixteenth-pole, was corrected by the rider with hard tugs of the right rein while switched to a left-handed whip, continued to lug in while being corrected hard by the rider as he drew alongside the leading pair, maintained a straight path under correction before being bumped by HIZEEM near the wire as that one as that one was shoved out by FINAL FRONTIER and narrowly missed while having his head turned completely to the outside at the finish. HIZEEM traveled around the first turn in the four path, settled on the outside, was asked leaving the backstretch, chased in the three path on the far turn, came five wide into the stretch, loomed a threat into the final furlong, drew alongside FINAL FRONTIER near the sixteenth-pole, was bumped by that foe when he came out late and forced into STRIKE ME DOWN who was being held to a straight course under vigorous tugs of the right rein and just missed in a three-way photo ... Following the race, the rider of HIZEEM claimed foul against both STRIKE ME DOWN and FINAL FRONTIER plus there was also a stewards' inquiry. After the stewards' review, both FINAL FRONTIER and STRIKE ME DOWN were disqualified and placed second third respectively for deemed interference near the wire."

But what I'd like to know is why Strike Me Down's rider (Joel Rosario) didn't claim foul against Final Frontier.
Thomas Roulston is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most