Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 10:05 AM   #204
DeltaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
DL...

You might get some elevator music on this one.....

Other than the software owners , like Dave,Jeff,Ted, (who I've dealt with in the past) will be more than helpful.....as for the other users...mums the word.
No one wants to "give" out what took so long and hard on their part.
In forums and blogs , they will give you a vague and indirect answer if you ask a question pertaining to software.....but

CAN U BLAME THEM?

Mike
I am not asking from anyone to give out the details of his solution but for a meaningful discussion some details on the approach and the methods are necessary.

In our days and as far as data modeling goes the functionality of domain specific software should be limited on the collection and preprocessing of the data and possibly in the way they are presented to the algorithmic part of the solution.

I other words, the main role of domain specific software should be limited in the composition of some of the existing open sourced components who can do all the dirty job of solving the problem if passed with descriptive enough data or notify us about their failure and the need to discover more descriptive metrics.

Horse handicapping represents a difficult problem whose solution assumes the creation of a sophisticated and long pipeline of processing and simply summarizing the applied concepts and the tools used will not make any damage to the owner of a specific solution.

Following this line of thought, I have absolutely no problem to reveal what third party software I am using, what kind of data I am feeding it and even to publish a winning approach and algorithm; I will not be skeptic to do so, because it will be a very low coverage model (meaning it will be able to find very few bets) and also because I am sure that anyone who does not already know how to build it he will not be passionate enough to overcome losing streaks and simply will give it up.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)