Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: TwinSpires
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 12:00 PM   #87
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I would think anyone using batch wagering is betting a decent amount of money. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

Batch wagering is primarily used by people who want to send in a lot of bets quickly...and a lot of bets usually means a decent amount of money in my book.

The guy betting win/place/show isn't going to use batch wagering. And those are the guys who probably bet the LEAST, because there are a lot of $2 bettors among those folks.

Guys batch betting are probably betting multiple combination vertical wagers (vertical is pick 3, pick 4, etc. right? I always get confused on vertical vs. horizontal).

Anyway, this is a weird issue for me. The programmer in me tends to think something like this shouldn't take long to fix. Curious as to how it "broke" in the first place as well. Seems like it should be a simple connectivity issue, unless they changed a whole bunch of code recently and that isn't compatible with what the batch betting code is used to...

I just don't see this as some huge project, unless, again, they made pretty substantial changes that somehow broke the batch stuff.
Yep, I agree that it's likely used by those betting exotics which means it's likely larger handle. My point was that idk how much of that business TS actually gets, given that if you're making those kind of wagers, you probably want to bet somewhere with better rebates. Hence, maybe they don't get much business via batch wagering, so it's not as high of a priority.

FWIW, I did notice that their api endpoints have changed recently. Could indicate that there was some larger work going on.
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)