Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 10:06 AM   #219
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

*GOLD STANDARD*

This last method/angle I've been using for some time. I call it the "Gold Standard"
With my little pace program...I can line up horses all together--one after another in a column---last race only, since that's all I'm concerned with--the "experts" will say impossible--just the last paceline is not enough--the last paceline isn't that important.

Well, I say OF COURSE the last line is the most important--especially when 'capping on the lower levels of class--but also as a general rule.

So anyway, I have all the horses in a column, that were close up EARLY-last race. Any horse among those--that has a FINAL PACE FIGURE of 90+..is a play.

Why 90? Trust me, I've looked at thousands of these lines---90 and above is somewhat rare, and possibly very powerful--for a horse that was close up at the 1st call, in the same race.
I call "90" the GOLD STANDARD. Usually you'll see this among layoff horses dropping down, huge favorites, or it's just an aberration, an anomaly. A race with a weird pace configuration. All of these are true.

But once in a while---an absolute hidden standout is among these. I've seen horses showing this "Gold Standard" go off at 30-1. AND WIN.
I'll list the qualifiers here...but there is one thing I didn't mention--I had to add an elimination rule--because quite frankly..although there were longshot winners--there weren't enough for profitability.
With this rule, I have eliminated some huge winners (that actually hurts--but it's a necessary rule)...so have pared the list down to profitability.

If you're sharp--you can figure out "the rule", but I can't just give it to you. Plus it can be flexible, as all rules must be.

*also...I'm not trying to be up on a cosmic handicapping box--or go HONG KONG on you --just posting as food for thought. I don't think most of the board 'cappers read this anyway--so that's why I can get away with posting self-indulgent sh*t like this.

Here's the GOLD STANDARD list:

AQ R-8 SARATOGA GIRO 20-1
GP R-2 TRUE BLUE NATION 5/2
OP R-8 FIRST THOUGHT 6-1
OP R-9 BLACK SHERRY 15-1
OP R-9 THAT'S EXCITING 30-1
SA R-5 DREAMING OF GOLD 7/2
SA R-4 MR CARTEGENA 4-1
SA R-8 THANKSGIVING DAY 20-1

-NCG☮

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)