Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 08:29 PM   #24
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I never got close to the end...I watched only a small part of it. Sandler rattles off a $20,000 ten-tier parlay to a bookie on a Celtics game...and he hits for mega bucks. "I scored real big"...he tells his hot girlfriend. And then he gets beaten up by the hard guys in a parking lot. Every gambler worth his salt knows that you get beaten up when you lose and can't pay...not when you "score real big". The movie lost me after that...and I switched to an Andy Griffith Show rerun.
If I'm remembering correctly, Sandler's mid-movie Celtic parlay got 'the kibosh', because the bookie was in communication with the debt collectors.

So he thought he won big and solved some problems, but in actuality the bet was cancelled.

Makes me wonder if they would have told him, if he lost the bet. (but the movie isn't meant to be that deep)

I connected on some emotions/vibes at times, and was relatively entertained for the run time...
Also was somewhat a fan that the movie chose an abrupt harsh reality ending, rather than a good-karma storybook happy ending.

We're tough critics of these shows. They try to balance mainstream with some elements of gambling, and don't always get it right. Remember HBO's "Luck"?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)