Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 01:22 PM   #61
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin View Post
It remains amusing that despite so many blowhards piping-up about takeout changes, none show the good common sense to review the only important number in the equations:

revenue from takeout to the tracks involved.

It was precisely and concisely that number which made it a no-brainer that Canterbury would end the moronic experiment served up by Eric Halstrom, who was soon out of a job for his stupidity.

Exactly none of the many takeout-reduction experiments undergone by anyone anywhere (in the name of "lower takeout") have produced greater (or even equal ) revenue from takeout.

That's the bottom line. To cite your own individual thoughts, ideas, or pipe dreams in tandem with that bottom line is simply more of your hot air, which the industry that you are collectively burying does not need.

If you are too clueless to figure out that it was you and your ilk who caused today's wagering formats which have doomed racing over the past three decades, then you just need to stop talking/writing and open your eyes...

(* it certainly wasn't the 80+% of the public which you and your ilk chased away in the process, who ended up burying an industry which once thrived)

Your entire premise (after chasing all of the little kids out of the sandbox) has become "what more can the venue do for me? (at it's own expense)" and with that as your only present-day focus, you're collectively incapable of understanding that the only way to bring the industry back would be to help the ones you chased away upon their return to the sandbox.

Obviously you can run an Ostrich race, or a Corgi race and bring them back to the sandbox, but the equation never changes for them, and until it does, they won't stay...

Interestingly enough, the little kids never sense themselves to be at a competitive disadvantage when the Ostriches are on the track.
This is the 3rd time that I've seen this post by AskinHaskin...and I still don't know how "we, and our ilk, caused today's wagering formats"...or how we "buried this industry", by "chasing away 80% of the public".

I hope that next time he posts this...he'll explain himself a little further.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)