Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 08:09 AM   #2
jonnielu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian
I'm not talking about the hard copies, but the pdf files. I just can't understand, when the sport is in such dire need of fans and bettors, that we insist on charging customers for pdf files. I can understand an actual hard copy, the printing costs, ink ect, but it just drives me crazy we are charging for that. I bet harness and have access to 5-10 tracks online in the run of a day, I like certain classes and want to do a quick scan through each card to see if something catches my eye..... I can't do that. Or, I suppose I can but it's going to cost me $25 before I get started. It's just one more way racing likes to stay in the dark ages.
Are you kidding? The only thing better than getting $2.00 from you for a hard copy that is paid for by advertisers, is to sell you a .PDF copy that costs virtually nothing to produce for $1.00. I'd bet that the industry makes more net cash from its publishing empire than it does from wagering take-out.

jdl
jonnielu is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)