Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 09:35 PM   #1039
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn54 View Post
taking a look at handifast software and not quite sure these questions have been answered.
1-are the speed figures accurate for the 5 furlong distance. to further inquire, what are the exact distance ranges that the handifast software calculates accurately.

2-best speed at distance "DS", the third figure column. what exactly does this measure?

3. i thought that the woods and fibonacci formulas only rated the top four horses. can anyone elaborate, so i know what i am doing with the choice i make as to which calculation is best for me? (i am using fibonacci, and it gives final rating numbers to more than 4 horses.)

thanks again handi for a very entertaining software. and to mike and headhawg for their contributions, they do not go unappreciated by me every time i open up the software.

be well
acorn (guy)
Acorn...

Welcome back to you and anyone that wants to continue with this project...

As to answers to your questions...

1) What do you mean by "accurate to the 5 furlong distance" ?....
Speed figs are derived from the PP's , nothing is adjusting those #'s

2) This is the definition for DS...DS,MY, & TF (Distance, Mud, & Turf) are based on comparisons of performance or pedigree on that surface/distance

3) For each factor . the top 4 #'s are adjusted .....5th thru bottom horses get ZERO for that factor.

Mike
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)