Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 04:35 PM   #100
papillon

Horseracing Nation has a list of it's writers (?) choices.

The break down was almost evenly male/female Accelerate/Justify. The women even used exclamation points. The lone male was about 18yrs old.

I showed it to a friend of mine, who is female her for take. She sighed and said, "That's the real reason we [women] always are taking one step forward, two steps back. Grown women basically saying 'because pretty pony'."

Someone over there also posted some sports (?) writers lists of best TC winners ranked.

One had Justify 4th, above Affirmed. AP was 8th.

The other, had Justify tied with Slew at 5th, ahead of War Admiral, Citation, and Whirlaway. He had AP above Slew.

I find this more than assinine, I find it offensive. Those who argue this horse, who never ran fast on any track by any clock and who's best left over competition is being hailed as world beater for winning a listed stakes over nothing, deserves to be HOTY because of an obsession with the TC, will cement this crap.

Fager never won it, and he's greater than all of them.

Magnum Moon entered the Derby on 4 wins, and he too never raced at 2. He did that in 4 months as well. Clearly he had a full and historic career, ended too soon by some unknown injury.

Yet Nyquist, meh. Blah. Nothing of a career. FWIW, Nyquist had to have colic surgey in early December 2015, they discovered he had a severe blockage of his intestine from blunt force trauma that must have happened months before. He would have suffered from malabsorption, which would have depleted his glycogen stores, making it impossible for him to sustain any physical exertion. O'Neil had to close Nyquist's twitter because people wouldn't stop saying he looked small and thin. Before the Preakness, Ron Ellis picked against him because he didn't look healthy. Oh, what might have been. Oh wait, he raced as a 2 year old and only won 8 in a row and the BCJ and Derby, what was I thinking.

Last edited by papillon; 11-12-2018 at 04:38 PM. Reason: typo
papillon is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement