Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 05:49 AM   #2
CincyHorseplayer

That's great! It's very Samuel Clemens-esque. Nicely done.

My plays to come later too but my big 4 are..

Irish War Cry

Gunnevera

McCraken

JBoysEcho

second tier

I said before the FOY that IWC could have done too much too fast and couldn't bet him at 1-1. HB was good but Wood was a public workout and was fast. Has the speed not to get lost in the jungle and can finish. I like. Price could be a big factor but major player.

despite his half mile position his pace figures aren't dismal except in last after top out performance. That is a big finish for his dud race. I think the track will be drying out and catering to everybody. He can bring it.

to follow your point he is sneaking up on this field. With the missed time and a prep I think he is ripe to pop.

could be fool's gold but his last was a stronger than it looks performance. 2 back was a derby winning race.

The last 3 have a pattern I have seen from winners 3-4-5 years back. Their big race was the 2nd back race(in the 220 range) but had around a 200 intervening performance before a bounceback ala California Chrome, Orb, and I'll Have Another. Only the last 2 years have horses with the best last out performance on my route rating have won the derby.

have to take my stand as too much too soon on this one or it will be as you said the "Finger Lickin Good Derby" chalk again and just another sorry derby if this one wins.

is a joke and better be. 1 turn destiny IMO and better be!

Here's my route rating rating for this years Derby. Yes a lot of contenders but not trying to sell anything or be perfect. Will include the last 5 years in another post. Good luck Boys at Tosc!

Last edited by CincyHorseplayer; 05-06-2017 at 06:01 AM.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)