Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 09:21 AM   #74
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
I chose to live in the area I reside. If I don’t like their laws I would not live here. I did not choose to be born nor did I promise anybody to have this “moral culpability/responsibility” you mentioned. This was something that was thrust upon me without my approval. God created me and threw me into a terrible world(“Isaiah 45: I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things”) and issued these ten commandments, the first of which is to love Him. And apparently it eases His conscious that He gave us free will — like that’s supposed to make up for the lousy deal we got since it’s not really free.

You probably realize by now that I’m playing the devil’s advocate here— pointing out a vulnerability to Christian thought, and any religion or person who believes in a loving and caring God that has given us free will.
You don't have to promise anything to anyone. It comes with the territory of you (and the rest of us) being a created being and God being the Creator. Or to borrow a biblical metaphor -- God being the Potter and we being the clay pots.

Christianity is most assuredly not "vulnerable" to your premise. In fact, God proved his love for mankind by creating us in his image, which means among other things, that he has endowed us with reason, conscience and free will. To truly love someone, for example, requires that that love be given freely.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)