Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-13-2022, 12:58 PM   #61
UnifiedTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
@Floyd -- somewhere early in this thread I talked about the issue with the #1 horse, but I will mention it again here. With some/all of NCG's programs (and possibly others) information in the data row for the #1 horse is used somewhere else in the code. So HDST v1.1 won't scratch the #1 horse as it will break the handicapping program(s). I called it "safe" mode. HDST v1.2 gives the user the option to enable safe mode, but it is always on in 1.1.

I was informed of the issue with Parx which is what prompted the thread revival and possible update.

@UnifiedTheory -- can you elaborate? The scratch file should always be located in the HDST folder after the download so I am not sure what you meant about it not being found.

I apologize for my misguided question. I often use your scratch tool for older data files that do not have a scratch file for that older date in it's folders so then I naturally have to put the scratches into HDST by hand. But when I get the scratch file on the same day as the data file it naturally works just fine. I often do more research with older data files than anything current so I had a senior moment in forgetting why I've often put scratches in manually.

HDST is a great scratch tool and I'm grateful to have it. Thanks again headhawg!
UnifiedTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)