Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 10:08 AM   #36
headhawg
crusty old guy

Update: HDST v1.1

Attached is the latest version. Here are the changes:

- Fixed: Bug that created a 0 byte file if the user clicked on Save New File without having a data file loaded.
* Added: A date check feature that prevents the xml scratch file from being used if the date of the loaded data file doesn't match the xml file date.
* Added: A feature that allows the user to archive the scratch file. The scratches.xml file will be renamed with date added (e.g. scratches031118.xml).

When you exit v1.1 you will be asked if you want to archive the scratch file. If you click Yes then the file will be renamed and the original will be deleted. If you click No then the program will simply close.

The purpose of archiving is to create a scratch file that can be used on previous days races. I put this in mostly for myself so that I can check older races to see if HDST is working correctly. However, users can use it for a similar reason - to create the modified file for past racing days. Users must rename the archived file back to scratches.xml so that HDST will use it properly.

TIP: Users are not required to use the xml file. I put it in as a time saver so that the user doesn't have to manually scratch all the horses, just the ones that wouldn't be in the scratch file. So if you went to the OTB or track and didn't have an Internet connection you can still create a modified file by doing all the scratches manually.

If you haven't installed HDST already, instructions are in post #28.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HDST1.1.zip (362.8 KB, 127 views)
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)