Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 11:33 AM   #19
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
I looked up Heavenly Orize to jog my memory. She did win once away from NY when she won at Oaklawn.

But how down would we be if Songbird just lost an ungraded stake to Swift and Classy by 2 1/2 lengths? She lost to Phone Chatter, Sardula, Penny's Reshoot (twice), Twist Afkeet, One Dreamer, Halo America, and more. Not exactly all-timers.

Just doing that critical assessing thing.
I wouldn't begrudge a long-winded mare like Heavenly Prize for getting beat in a couple of sprint stakes and preps that were clearly tune-ups for important engagements like the Alabama and Apple Blossom (which she won).

The biggest stain on Heavenly Prize's career was getting beat by One Dreamer in the Distaff, but considering that she was the only 3yo filly from that outstanding crop (Inside Information, Lakeway, Sardula) to even make it to the race shows why the BC is rarely the true litmus test of a championship season.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most